Al-Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al-Islam

Being close to Allah, learning to obey him and be good muslims

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taqliyd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sabriyha
Ahlan bik
Ahlan bik

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-02-15

Taqliyd Empty
PostSubject: Taqliyd   Taqliyd EmptyMon 10 Apr à 12:42

[i] Salam2

Bis-millaahir Rahmaanir Rahiym

I was wondering as to why there is no information in the section about Schools of Thought...then it dawned on me that it seems that the moderator and administrator of this site may be young and fairly new to the Diyn. So, Sabriyyah and I hope to open good dialog concerning our Perfect Diyn Al-Islaam, with the Niyyat of gaining the pleasure of our Rabb, and spreading the Diyn as it has been passed down for over 1400 years in its' prestine purity.

The very first concept that one must come to terms with in Islaam when approaching the science of Fiqh (Jurisprudence; Law) is Taqliyd.

We Western born Muslims tend to have a hard time dealing with the science of Fiqh because of the culture of the Americas and our life styles.

So, the first thing I try to teach my students is that Islaamic sciences all have their roots grounded firmly in nature. Thus, Taqliyd must have a natural existance with in the personality traits of people. If not, than the concept of taqliyd will be asked to be applied where it is abnormal or against our natural abilities as human...and this can not be, so let us test the concept of the natural existance of Taqliyd in all human beings.

Taqliyd: To accept the statements of another, while of the understanding
that those statements are in accordance with truth and fact.

The primary problem with adopting taqliyd with others is how we veiw them.

Taqliyd has to exist within the new born baby. If the child is told that a person is mama, at some point the child will accept this information and address the person as, "Mama".

As the child grows, it will start to ask Mama more questions, e.g. "What kind of fruit is this Mama?" and the Mother will explain, "Baby, that is a melon, and its' flesh is sweet." If the child does not have a natural disposition toward Taqliyd, the child will ask, "But, how do you know this, Mama?" The Mama will say, "Because my Mama taught this to me, Baby" And then if Taqliyd is not enough for the child, then the child will not believe the Mama.

But, we know all children are born Muslim...that it is their parents who train them to be Christain, Jewish, fireworshippers, etc. etc. Diyni Daliyl(evidence) of the natural existance of Taqliyd in human beings.

Our problem as Western born...Old ignoramuses, and new Muslims...is the destruction of the ability to adopt Taqliyd properly.

If one is blessed, they will have been given a mother or primary caregiver that would never pass along information, formally and knowingly, that is incorrect or false. Thus, children are born with the ability to adopt taqliyd with their primary caregivers and thus grow up to be moral, knowledgable, good tempered people. Imagine if the Muslimahs of today were to administer nothing but Al-Islaam to their new born!...then imagine if she was backed 100% by her husband...American born Muslims could very well produce armies of Mu'miynun! Revolution begines in the heart, then in the home!

But, in order for these things to happen, we must first re-learn how to adopt taqliyd ourselves. Thus, we must know who to follow and how to follow...that is easy, we follow a qualified Ustaad and follow them strictly. And we start by understanding how and why the Four Schools of Thought come to be as they are today. We will soon learn, Insha-llaah!

Was-Salaam
A.W. Jamiyl Al-Haniyf
Back to top Go down
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-02-07

Taqliyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taqliyd   Taqliyd EmptyTue 11 Apr à 7:09

I follow Qu'ran and the Hadith blidly which I think you have to do. I think it comes natural when you believe it to be the truth. sometimes I'll say I'm not sure what I think because I don't know what it says Qu'ran or the hadith about it. In my limited research it is ok to follow a school of thought Taqliyd. In my research there was some evidence in the Qu'ran and hadith that it was ok, I think it's important for this evidence and not follow another muslims opinion blidly. I think that is how we fall into sects and we need to keep our intentions pure and we will be guided.

Salaam Alaikum
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/paraglox  and www.myspace.com/paraglox2 (
Muslimah
Admin
Admin
Muslimah

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-02-01

Taqliyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taqliyd   Taqliyd EmptyWed 19 Apr à 12:17

Salam2

You know Paraglox I do somewhat agree i think if I understand you properly.

I believe that our beliefs as reverts fall into a sect or even those raised because those teaching us are in a sect. However, the Key is to remove yourself from those sects and see Islam WHOLEY and not as okay Imam hanifa said this and Maliki said this so i believe this...

They are there to help us understand NOT for us to follow them we should FOLLOW ISLAM AS PROPHET MUHAMMAD DID!!! only follow Allahs word and the life that He told us to live... in other words We are to follow and try to be like Prophet Muhammad not anyone else. and Prophet Muhammad wasnt sunni or shia or any of the others he was a PURE MUSLIM!!! and that is what we are supposed to strive to be...

Salam2
Back to top Go down
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-02-07

Taqliyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taqliyd   Taqliyd EmptyWed 19 Apr à 12:59

I feel you, cuz it’s like I declare this is no god but god and Muhammad is the messenger. That means only the qu’ran and sunnah we follow blindly, we can’t follow a school of thought blindly because there are differences between them. This issue makes me feel like ibraham and an ummah of one. Makes me want to be a loner. I got the info I need I don’t need to listen to others peoples take on the situation, I need to keep my intentions clean and that’s part of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/paraglox  and www.myspace.com/paraglox2 (
Muslimah
Admin
Admin
Muslimah

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-02-01

Taqliyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taqliyd   Taqliyd EmptyFri 21 Apr à 0:41

You are so right and I agree 100%!!! I dont need to subscribe to a sect of Islam to be a Muslim or even be right in Islam because Allah says be Myslims and follow the Religion of Islam and the One ness of God and the Prophet Muhammad (saw)...

woohoo for Muslims
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taqliyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taqliyd   Taqliyd Empty

Back to top Go down

Taqliyd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Al-Islam :: Islamic Sciences :: Schools of thought-
Jump to: