Al-Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al-Islam

Being close to Allah, learning to obey him and be good muslims

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music vs Islam halal or haram

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muslimah
Admin
Admin
Muslimah

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-02-01

Music vs Islam halal or haram Empty
PostSubject: Music vs Islam halal or haram   Music vs Islam halal or haram EmptyWed 15 Feb à 20:11

Islam vs Music
Muslimah

Site Admin

Posted: 25 Jan 2006 09:56 pm

What do you guys think and I want proof of everything so do you t hink Music is Haram??? let a sister know your interpretation hugs

Nothing may be crossposted and as Site Admin I do not claim repsonibility for copyrighted materials being stolen and used without the sole permission of the owner

yes music is haram
lillah

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 06:20 am

Is Music Haram?
Listening to music and singing is a sin and cause for the sickening and weakening of the heart. The majority of the scholars of the Salaf are unanimous that listening to music and singing and using musical instruments is Haram (prohibited).

SOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Q: Is music haraam? Some people are propagating the view that it is not Haraam. Many Islamic songs are sung with the playing of the duff. Is it permissible to listen to them? Also, some Islamic songs are recorded with the zikr of “Allah” played in the background. It sounds very much like drums are being played. However, it is a group of people who are saying “Allah” in unison. Is there any problem in listening to this? In Surah Luqman
1. Allaah said, what translated means, "And of mankind he who purchases idle talks(i.e.music, singing, etc.) to mislead (people) from the Path of Allaah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allaah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment." [31:6].

Al-Wahidi , along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Qur'aan), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah . Ibn Masud said, "By Allaah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

2. The Prophet said (which means), "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v]

This Hadeeth states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "When the Prophet said, 'render as lawful, ' he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful." 3. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine." They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammed is His Messenger?" He said, "Yes. And also they fast pray and perform Hajj." They said, "Then, what is their problem?" He said, "They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun, In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allaah) into monkeys and swine." [Iughathat Al-Lahfan]. 4. Allaah said, criticizing the Kuffar's worship around the Kaa'bah, what translated means, "Their prayer at the House (Kaa'bah) was nothing but Muka'an and Tasdiyah." [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, Atiyyah, Muj ahid, Ad-Dhahh'ak, AlHasan and Qatadah said that Muka'an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.

and if you want to know more go to the link

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/1716/music.html
http://www.beautifulislam.net/halalharam/music.htm

ParaGlox

Posted: 30 Jan 2006 06:42 pm

All I know is when i stopped listening to music for a week i had many more conversations with Allah.

I can see how music blocks your religion out like gambling (or sports? i think i read sports are haram?) or tattoo's or whatever it be.

If i'm listening to 2pac or something like that and gaining knowledge about our current society and stuff like that i don't think it's haram i think it's important. if it's consious lyrics i think it's cool. as far as string instruments and stuff like that, i don't know. i remember having a debate about this and someone saying because it could lead to other things that are haram the same reason why dancing is haram, or music leads to dancing, and dancing leads to sex if you're in a club or something.

I just try to keep it conservative and interpret Allah's words the best i can and ask to be forgive.

One luv

salaam alaikum.

Muslimah

Site Admin

Posted: 31 Jan 2006 12:42 am

i have to agree with you on this paraglox... when i dont listen to music or TV i always seem to pray more and have more conversations with Allah also..

allah hafiz

Nothing may be crossposted and as Site Admin I do not claim repsonibility for copyrighted materials being stolen and used without the sole permission of the owner

lillah

Posted: 01 Feb 2006 05:52 pm

salam alykum akhi muslim ParaGlox
I hope you are read good the proof of music is haram. and who are say sports is haram have you one proof say the sports is haram ????? I'm sure you don't have
no sport is not haram bacause mohammed (s3ws) was do sports and we have hadit many hadit for that. and jazaka llah kyran islam is not what do you think., but islam is what allah say and mohammed plz when you want to say something is halal or haram you will have a proof, because that is a hard thing, and just allah (swt) who can say that halal or that haram, I hope you undeastand me

ParaGlox

Posted: 02 Feb 2006 05:47 pm

Yeah Sports might not be, first understand i have to read an english Koran and interpret what that means. just when they are talking about games of chance. I figure playing poker is like any other sport, there is a skill level involved. maybe i don't understand why gambling is haram, i mean i see how it is bad but the psycology behind it. like i thought it was because it took your focus off worshiping Allah, it would be the same as playing baseball and being competitive and focusing your energy at succeding with that, because sports are a game of chance also.

i guess i just need some clarification.

salaam alaikum

lillah

Posted: 03 Feb 2006 07:28 am

allah (swt) say: (219) They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider-
Chapter 2, sourah : Al-Baqara meaning name : The Cow, aya (219)

allah (swt) say:(90) O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.
91 Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

Chapter 5, sourah Al-Maeda meaning name : The Table Spread, aya (90)-(91)

Abu Hurayrah narrates that the prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) forbade transaction determined by Hasah and Gharrar. (Muslim)
Hasah is a transaction contracted on chance. Hasah linguistically means pebble or small stone. An example of hasah is when a person says to a customer ‘I will sell you the items on which your pebbles fall’ it is clear that the transaction is based on an unknown outcome.

Le risque impliqué dans le jeu est en dehors de la commande des joueurs, donc le résultat des résultats est une question de chance. La prohibition du jeu est indépendamment de la probabilité des résultats. La probabilité d'une tête ou d'un conte quand une pièce de monnaie est jetée en l'air est 1/2; là où comme probabilité de la cueillette 7 ont numéroté des boules sur 50 33232 milliards de 930 millions de de 569 mille et 600! (1/33232930569600). Puisque ces deux exemples sont basés sur la chance la 'probabilité de la chance sur les résultats si est haut ou bas irrelevant
Gharar est défini car un échange dans lequel il y a un élément d''déception 'par l'ignorance des marchandises ou du prix. Jeu dans un sens plus limité il signifie un effort de gagner quelque chose de valeur en risquant la perte de quelque chose de valeur comme question de chance

Sport and Entertainment
It is gratifying to notice that most of the Islamic forms of worship, e.g. prayers, fasting, pilgrimage, display some sportive characteristics, although they are basically meant for spiritual purposes. But who would deny the constant interaction between the physique and morale of man? Yet that is not all that Islam has to say on the subject of sport and entertainment.

Anything that stimulates senses, thinking or refreshes the mind and revitalizes the body to keep man in healthy shape is encouraged and invited to by Islam so long as it does not anticipate or involve any sin, cause any harm or delay/hamper the fulfilment of other obligations.

The general precept in this matter is the statement in which the Prophet (s3ws) said that all believers in God have good qualities but the strong one is better than the weak. It is also reported that he approved of sport and entertainment which build enduring physique and strengthen morale (provided no sin is commited in the process).

It is a regrettable mistake to associate with sport and entertainment things which are not really sportive or entertaining. Some people consider gambling and drinking as sport and entertainment, but this is not the viewpoint of Islam

Life is worth living and is granted to us for a definite purpose. No one is supposed to abuse it by letting it go loose or become dependant entirely on luck and chance. So it is no intrusion or violation of the personal rights of man when Islam extends its divine touch to organize life even in its very personal aspects. Because life is man’s most valuable asset and is designed for noble purposes.

Islam has shown man the way to live life properly and enjoyably.
Among the measures taken in this respect is inhibition of gambling which is really tension-accelerating than tension-reducing. It is a grave abuse to life to make it subject to luck or chance. It is a deviation from the course of life, if one entrusts his lot to the mad wheel of games, and invests his abilities in the most unpredictable moves on a gambling table.
To protect man from all these unnecessary mental strains and shattering nerves, and to enable him to lead a natural life in means as well as in ends, Islam has forbidden gambling of all forms and kinds.

Similarly, it is a shameful retreat from reality and an irresponsible insult to the best quality in man, i.e a thinking mind, to get entangled in the tight strands of intoxication or cornered in the vicious whirl of alcohol. The menaces and tragedies of intoxication are too obvious to be elaborated. Many lives are being lost every day on this account. Many families break up because of this menace. Many billions of dollars are swallowed in the drinking channel every year. Countless doors are closed on misery and unhappiness arising from drinking habits. Besides the destruction of health, the depression of mind, the dullness of the soul, absorption of wealth, the disintegration of families, the abuse of human dignity, the sabotage of morality, the humiliating retreat from reality; everyone of the so-called social drinkers is a highly potential alcoholic. Islam cannot tolerate these menaces or let man abuse the very sense of life in this tragic way.

That is the reason why Islam does not associate gambling and drinking with good sports and refreshing amusements and, instead, has banned them once and for all. To appreciate the viewpoint of Islam in this respect, one has only to check any news medium, read any medical report, visit any social service agency, or watch any court proceedings. Of all the agonising social problems, alcoholism is by far the most serious.

Billions become alcoholics every year. One in every ten to twelve people who take their first drink in any given year is destined to become alcoholic. All these painful tragedies and real losses speak much louder than any theological or trade arguments.

Allah (swwt) forgive me and you and all muslim pleople

Muslimah

Site Admin

Posted: 03 Feb 2006 10:09 pm

Mash Allah Mohammad... this is awesome May Allah Reward you for putting this up so others can see it... Mash Allah

Muslimah

Site Admin

Posted: 03 Feb 2006 10:10 pm

Mash Allah Mohammad... this is awesome May Allah Reward you for putting this up so others can see it... Mash Allah

ParaGlox

Posted: 04 Feb 2006 09:53 am

ok i'm down with sports being cool

it's true that games like chess and backgamon are haram even though they were invented by muslims? cuz they strain the mind and stuff.

salaam alaikum

Admin
Admin
Muslimah

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-02-01

Music vs Islam halal or haram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music vs Islam halal or haram   Music vs Islam halal or haram EmptyWed 15 Feb à 20:11

Muslimah

Site Admin

Posted: 04 Feb 2006 10:58 am

not that i know of because they educate the mind and teach the m ind to think in a different out side of the box kind of way... i will ask a couple people around here to see... but i think it is okay because it doesnt interfear (sp?) with prayer or the thoughts of Allah technically when im playing chess im asking Allah to help me win lol and praising Allah much... hmmm im still not for sure though a hundred percent so we will see what i can find out and if anyone else has thought post it

Allah Hafiz

lillah

Posted: 04 Feb 2006 12:31 pm

chess or something like that is not haram if you play it for free, I mean no money no nothing just for Enjoyment or reinforcement mentality, in sialm we can have fun we can do lot of thing for fun but we will finish our adoration (furud) or (wajib) and after we can do all what we want in our free time but just halal things really if you want to know more about that and how spent your time in the good way learn life of muhammed (s3ws) in sunna

ParaGlox

Posted: 04 Feb 2006 03:50 pm

Chess and Islam
Some people claim that the game of chess increases ones wit and intelligence, and it assists one in learning the ways of battles. This claim is unreasonable. Chess has nothing to do with wit or intelligence; on the contrary intelligence suffers a derangement by this game. The player of chess becomes so absorbed in this game that he has no care or concern for anything else. Yes there is no surprise in the fact that by constant playing, ones ability to manoeuvre the various ways and moves of the game improves. But then what is the benefit of this gain? Similarly this game has no relationship with the strategies of battle or war. The act of the game is limited to its technical or ordinary manoeuvres e.g. the knight moves so and the elephant moves so. In true and real battles these are not the moves to be found. The manoeuvres of war are totally distinct and separate. In short both theses claims are absurd.

Some claim that according to the Mazhab (school of thoughts) of Imam Shafi’ee R A the playing of chess is permissible but it must be stated that this was the first view of the great imam but even then he fixed certain conditions for its permissibility, e.g. involvement in the game must not be to the extent that the performance of Salaat is delayed from its fixed time; the game must not be played abundantly; absorption in it must not be so much that the answer to someone’s salaam is not given, etc. These conditions are not to be found these days when this game is being played. It is also a fact that Imam Shafiee later withdrew of chess being permissible.

Many of the great Muslim scholars have clearly stated the prohibition and non-permissibility of chess. Imam Malik RA said that it is worse than the game of nard (backgammon, which is also haram) and more destructive than gambling.

Hadhrat Ali also said:
“Chess is gambling of the Ajam people (non Arabs)”

The prophet said:
He who plays Backgammon has disobeyed Allah Ta’ala and His (Rasool) .”

The playing of chess is Haraam. If the playing of chess is accompanied by gambling than its prohibition is unanimous. If it is played without gambling then there is a difference of opinion in its prohibition. Where Allah Ta’aala declared alcohol and gambling as forbidden, he explained the reason for this prohibition. Allah says in the holy Quran that Shaytan desires to create an ill feeling amongst you. He desires to create hatred among you, and to direct your attention from Salaat and Allah Taa’las remembrance. So wherever this is present, the prohibition will come into force, and that practice will become Haraam. All are aware of the degree of absorption in these games.

Absorption in this game (chess) is so much, that we seek the protection of Allah Ta’ala. The truth of the matter is that when someone becomes rooted in some practice and this practice penetrates his very blood and veins, then until death it remains overpowering, and in this very practice a man finally dies.

Muslimah

Site Admin

Posted: 08 Feb 2006 01:38 pm

yes i have read that however... i know many muslims that play it and well i still havent gottentolook it up or ask anyone about it... ill make a mental note to do that NOW

Back to top Go down

Music vs Islam halal or haram
Page 1 of 1