Al-Islam

Being close to Allah, learning to obey him and be good muslims

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-02-07

PostSubject: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Mon 27 Mar 22:39

I let myself trust it. Well one think not that it makes it halal or haram but you should look on the package to see if it is wild or farm raised cuz some of those fish they add color to that are farm raised.

but i know that fish are halal (not getting into if crab or shrimp are) but what about who catches the fisth if it is not a muslim? Also I doubt they are killed in the proper way, I figure they probably cut out their guts before they die or they just dye from being on a boat, or hit on the head. I think these are questions we need to ask and investigate though.

Salaam Alaikum

Muslimah
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Tue 28 Mar 19:43

well i tend to think the same... is it halal because you really arent getting something cut the proper way... and well i think the way it is killed prbably isnt halal... so i am not sure how to answer that. :D

We as ADMIN arenot responsible for any copyrighted materials used without the sole permission of the owner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeremiah
Ahlan bik
Ahlan bik

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Fri 31 Mar 13:59

i think we have the responsibility to look into how the fish are raised/killed. i also believe we need to look into all animals that we eat to see how they are raised and slaughtered, regardless of if they are labeled halal. i have heard of many instances when regular nonhalal meat was sold as halal.

peace, love, and salmon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Fri 31 Mar 17:25

Yeah, I don't really trust any non fish meat from the grocery store. There is a halal market run by some good muslims a few blocks away from me that i buy beef and chicken from once a week or so, but whem i'm at work i just stay away from meat all together, even though once in awhile i'll eat cheese and that's probably bad.

Salaam Alaikum

Muslimah
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Sun 2 Apr 22:41

well it depends on how you look at it. some muslims eat all Zabiyah and some eat NON Zabiyah and that is just how life is.

We as ADMIN arenot responsible for any copyrighted materials used without the sole permission of the owner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Mon 3 Apr 22:27

I ate some fish tonight, it wasn't that sweet not horrible just didn't stay together that well. I have to remember to stop buying not hella sweet fish.

Salaamz

Muslimah
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Tue 4 Apr 0:16

lol that is funny stuff[/u]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Tue 4 Apr 7:40

yeah and it makes my apartment smell.

but i never thought about even if the fish was killed in the proper way most likely it wasn't killed by a muslim that was trained to kill animals. I'm going to stop eating fish i guess :(

Muslimah
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Wed 5 Apr 0:37

there isnt to many ways to kill a fish they dont have a vien so they cant bleed out LOL :D hugs

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Mon 10 Jul 17:58

A brother at the mosque was reading a hadith to me and was explaining it. Allah made lawful any fish, even shell fish, anything coming from the sea halal even if it is not killed in a halal way i.e. the way it was killed, or whether it was killed by a muslim or not.

peace

Muslimah
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   Thu 20 Jul 12:03

interesting thanks for sharing can you get that hadith from him? and share it with us??? i would love to see it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?   

Back to top Go down

Do you trust Fish you buy from the grocery store?
Page 1 of 1