Al-Islam

Being close to Allah, learning to obey him and be good muslims

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Interest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paraglox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-02-07

Interest Empty
PostSubject: Interest   Interest EmptySun 26 Mar 22:07

Well i could have put this in my other topic of things weighing me down.

I work at Charles Schwab which is an Investment Brokerage place. Although I don't work with stocks or interest I still feel my job weighing me down, just being part of this institution. I feel I'm walking through hell everday I'm there, Swine and Alcohol consumers, gays and lesbians, coke heads, infidelity, materialistic set of capatalistic theories on new ways to find happiness. In the last week or so I've found myself cutting ties and shutting myself off from all of them. Even a Halal conversation can lead to a Haraam conversation.

Salaam Alaikum.

jeremiah
Ahlan bik
Ahlan bik

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-03-13

Interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest   Interest EmptyFri 31 Mar 14:17

haha, i went through the same thing when i was working at an insurance company. people chase after and want to talk about the most worthless things. i tried to participate in most of their outings and was the one that didn't drink and the one that didn't smoke and the one that didn't........ they seemed to respect it and most actually told me they admired it and they said they wanted to be more like that but they didn't have the willpower. i usually tried to get them to talk about good things, but being outnumbered so badly it was difficult, especially since most of them were anti-muslim before i started working there. but then i got sick of it and i quit :)
i feel for you, good luck

peace, love, and dates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muslimah
Admin
Admin
Muslimah

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-02-01

Interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest   Interest EmptySun 2 Apr 22:45

subhana allah way to put that :D woohoo.

We as ADMIN arenot responsible for any copyrighted materials used without the sole permission of the owner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest   Interest Empty

Back to top Go down

Interest
Page 1 of 1