Al-Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al-Islam

Being close to Allah, learning to obey him and be good muslims

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaafir and mu'min

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muslimah
Admin
Admin
Muslimah

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-02-01

Kaafir and mu'min Empty
PostSubject: Kaafir and mu'min   Kaafir and mu'min EmptyWed 15 Feb à 20:47

Sabriyyah Shamms

Posted: 23 Jan 2006 09:04 pm

Kaafir and Mu'min

Kaafir (Rejector of Allaah) and Mu’min (Believers in Allaah), the only two divisions of humanity. In Islam, there is only one way that mankind is separated, the Kaafir and the Mu’min. There is no separating of man through nationality, color, or even family relations. In fact, if ones mother, father, sibling or any other relation in family is Kaafir, the Mu’min should not even befriend that family member. It says in the Noble Qur’aan:
“O People of Imaan! (Faith) Do not take as friends your fathers and your brothers if they love kufr (Rejection) over Imaan.”

If you get involved with your kaafir family too much and begin to mingle with them, you may soon find yourself (as Muslim) slipping in Imaan. First you will mingle and hang out, then after a while, you may befriend them. When you become friends with your kaafir family, you soon attend their haraam (Forbidden) parties and activities such as weddings and funerals, etc. If you attend their haraam activities you may eat their possible haraam food in celebration, then in the end you may find your Imaan has gone or you are a Muslim doing haraam things with the Kuffaar (Rejectors).

When a Muslim grows attached to his kaafir family members, he will often ignore the signs of his own kufr. But if his Faith is healthy, then he may express an act of change to his acts of kufr and to his kaafir family members. He will try and assist them and will do it in a pleasant, meaningful way with respect. If they were to change, that would be great and that Muslim would show all of his love towards that person. But if they are to not change their ways, then the Muslim brother shall not have or show love towards his kaafir family. A Muslim with strong Imaan cannot interact or coexist with the kuffar.

Muslims should not expose their Imaan and associate with kuffaar and their kuffaar families freely. It is ok to help your family and be of service to them, as long as they are not hostile toward Islam and are not trying to steer you away from Islam. But it is not ok to befriend them in any way, shape, or form.

The son of Nabi (Prophet) Nooh (Peace be upon him) was hit and taken by a flood. Nooh was scared and asked Allah:
“O my Rabb! Verily he is of my family.”

Allah replied: “O Nooh! Verily, he is not of your family.”

Allah refused Nabi Nooh’s request because Nooh’s son was a Kaafir and said that because of that, he was not a part of the prophet’s family. So remember this letter of information and also remember that the kaafir are created for the hell fire, not the Mu’min.

By: Michael
Rogers J.R.

Sabriyyah Shamms

Posted: 23 Jan 2006 09:08 pm

Bis-millaah
As-Salaamu-Alaykum

This article was written by the son of my Zauj (husband).

Muslimah

Site Admin

Posted: 23 Jan 2006 10:42 pm

Mash Allah!

Nothing may be crossposted and as Site Admin I do not claim repsonibility for copyrighted materials being stolen and used without the sole permission of the owner
Back to top Go down

Kaafir and mu'min
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Al-Islam :: Islamic Sciences :: Islamic Articles-
Jump to: